Welcome to the Normandy Beach Yacht Club Website

Sunset on Barnegat Bay as seen from the Normandy Beach Yacht Club

 
What's New on the
NBYC Website?

 

July 12, 2016, Update -

  • The June 25, 2016, Vice Commodore's Letter has been added to the NBYC Information page about the added August 14 race at LYC

June 15, 2016, Update -

April 24, 2016, Updates -


 

Normandy Beach Yacht Club - Founded June 1946

The Normandy Beach Yacht Club is a private club located at the end of South Court, on Barnegat Bay, in Normandy Beach, NJ.

The Normandy Beach Sailing Club founded in 1945, started Sunday races from the north side of Harbor Court, then a bayberry covered peninsula with only one house. A second house was built in 1946 on the starting line, but the spot continued as the sight of the Sailing Club activities for a period of time.

Interest in sailing increased and it became fashionable to serve cocktails after the last gun was fired. Social life was added. Soon increasing attendance showed the need for property and a club house.

In 1955, funds were raised by a sale of stock. Land and water rights were purchased and the eastern part of the present club house was built. Its size was doubled in 1958 by the addition of the Part of the Sunday Series Races held in 2005lower level and the Commodore's Room to continue the tradition of social activities and sailing.

Over the winter of 1998-99 the old club was renovated. The new club was designed by Arthur Manns Harden A.I.A. of Mantoloking, NJ. Arthur is a former Commodore. The builder was R Stone & Co. Inc. of Toms River, NJ.

All the many improvements and expansions done since 1955 have made the club house the beautiful building we now use today.


 
Back to Top
 

Member's Page  |  NBYC Information  |  NBYC Trophies  | NBYC History  |  NBYC Home Page


 
Normandy Beach Yacht Club
P.O. Box 726
Normandy Beach, NJ 08739
732.793.6807
info@nbycnj.com
 
©2000-2016 Normandy Beach Yacht Club. All rights reserved.

 

This site was cleverly created by getNOTICEDonline.com.